16 March 2006

General rehersal

This is some kind of premiere... I had the enormous pleasure to go yesterday to the general rehersal of Ernani an opera composed by Giuseppe Verdi. The premiere is on the 17th march, so if you are in Buenos Aires and want to see it you can check out this webpage where you can find all sort of information of this opera company called "Buenos Aires Lírica" and get the adress where to buy the tickets (its being played at Teatro Avenida).
Ernani was inspired by Victor Hugo´s "Hernani" (1830) and was premiered for the first time in 1844 in the "La Fenice" theatre of Venice. The drama tells the unfornate story of "rebel" Ernani who is in love with Elvira, but his love is tainted with sorrow and death due to Carlos V and a spanish count Silva who want this woman for themselves. More about Ernani here.
I didn´t use flash nor trypod so I apologize for the picture being slightly blurry :)
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Pierre said...

Hi Cynthia,
... and I love Buenos Aires, where I've been twice and where I will go back some day. Great country, great people, and great city where I've lots of memories...

11:46 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Blur makes it more genuine. How is it you get to go to opera rehearsals?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

the music world is a small world and one of my "compañeras" at the conservatory sings there and I somehow get always one ticket...I really hope to be next year singing there and not watching..

Pierre: do you want to exchange cities for a couple of days? :) Thaks for stopping by and I´m really happy that there will be daily pictures of venice...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Wolf said...

That would be interesting to see, great photo given the low light!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi and thanks for the nice Welcome..Cynthia I was born in Argentina, say Hello to Buenos Aires for me..
Saludos..

12:29 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

Hi and welcome bazainville... tuve ciertos problemas para entrar a la página de edición de blogger y por eso tardé en poner tu link, pero ya está :)

wolf, google nut, bob & pierre thanks for visiting and your lovely comments!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Jacksonville Kitchen Renovations said...

Grreat blog you have

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home